Thursday, February 5, 2009

My home is my castle


On a frosty 19th of January I arrived in the USA. I was a little bit sleepy. During my flight I was sitting in the middle of two huge British men who did need a lot of space. I expected to see somebody like Bruce Willis pick me up at the Airport. When I saw this smiling guy Scott (nearly Bruce Willis) with his daughter Rachel, I knew that my US-adventure started.
I want to tell you something about my new American home. One characteristic of this house: It`s a huge kennel for dogs. You know, at the moment I`m staying at Scott & Julie Stanley´s house. Just kidding, it is friendly and very nice to live here. On my first evening they gave me a big welcome with pasta & chicken. But you have to know in this house there are two strong Canadian Retrievers who attack everybody, who won´t play with them. Their names are Sammy & Ranger.
Some things I like a lot about American houses. Most of them have their own fire place with a white frame. The couches, carpets and the beds with a bunch of pillows are softer than in Germany. Immediately you feel tired if you are sitting in your comfortable armchair. I think my image of a good home depends much more on the people who are living inside than on other stuff. Stanleys, I enjoy staying very much with you. It`s a lot fun. Thank you for your great hospitality.

What is important for you to make your house feel like home?

5 comments:

  1. open doors, fridge with cold drinks, a smile from the person I meet next, music - selfmade, sung, furted, any...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Jani,
    many greets from cassel!

    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Kennett Square,PA! Home for me is my family, my pets, soft chairs to sit and read in, a place to escape from the evils of this world and feel safe in, and a place to sit around the table sharing food and memories with family and friends.

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nathanael,
    schön dich hier auf meiner Blogseite zu treffen. Mir geht es gut und wir haben tiefsten Winter hier in Kennett Square.
    schönen Gruß
    Jan

    ReplyDelete